Ras Al Khaimah’s Jebel Jais is the UAE’s tallest mountain. From sunrise to dusk, this gorgeous mountain offers fascinating adventures. This book covers everything from hiking to ziplining in this natural gem. We will discuss the best times to visit, activities, and how to maximize your Jebel Jais experience. Let’s hike Jebel Jais together.
Introduction to Jebel Jais and why it’s worth visiting
The UAE’s tallest mountain is 1,934-meter Jebel Jais. Jebel Jais, in Ras Al Khaimah’s northernmost district, attracts tourists and locals with its stunning vistas.
Hiking, mountain biking, zip-lining, and paragliding await Jebel Jais visitors. The mountain’s jagged peaks, deep valleys, and rocky terrain are among the UAE’s most breathtaking natural sights.
Jebel Jais’s attractions go beyond outdoor activities. Jebel Jais has something for nature lovers, adventurers, and history buffs.
If you want an unforgettable UAE experience, visit Jebel Jais. Its breathtaking views, engaging activities, and rich cultural legacy make it a must-see.
The best time to visit Jebel Jais
Jebel Jais is a magnificent mountain with year-round vistas. Jebel Jais is best visited from November to March when temperatures are cooler and outdoor activities are more enjoyable.
Visitors can hike, camp, and rock climb without the heat during these months. It’s a great time to appreciate the mountain air and beauty.
Jebel Jais is best visited at sunrise. The sunrise over the mountains is magnificent. If you prefer daytime visits, go early before the sun rises.
Summer temperatures can exceed 40°C, making outdoor activities less appealing. To stay cool, bring a drink, sunscreen, and proper clothing. If you travel during the hotter months, catch the sunset, as the lower temps and soft sky colors provide a magnificent sight.
How to get to Jebel Jais
Jebel Jais is a must-see for outdoor enthusiasts and wildlife lovers visiting the UAE.
Transportation to Jebel Jais is easy. Drive to Ras Al Khaimah and leave at Al Jais Mountain on Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road. From there, follow directions to Jebel Jais parking.
Dubai and Abu Dhabi tour firms offer transportation to Jebel Jais for non-drivers. Take a taxi or use Uber or Careem to get there.
After arriving in Jebel Jais, take a shuttle bus to the viewing deck or hiking trails. Shuttle buses run free every 30 minutes.
It’s easy to get to Jebel Jais, and the sights and activities are worth the trip.
Accommodation options near Jebel Jais
When visiting Jebel Jais, where to stay is crucial. There are accommodations for any traveler’s needs and budget.
Luxury 5-star hotels are within a short drive of Jebel Jais. These luxury hotels provide excellent dining restaurants, spas, and swimming pools with spectacular mountain views.
These inexpensive hotels have nice rooms and basic amenities.
Jebel Jais offers camping for the more adventurous. Camping under the stars is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The mountain base has various campers with restrooms and showers.
Staying near Jebel Jais gives you quick access to the mountain’s fantastic activities and beauty, no matter where you stay.
Top activities to do at Jebel Jais
Jebel Jais is a playground for adventure enthusiasts with a plethora of activities to choose from. Here are some of the top activities to do at Jebel Jais:
- Hiking: There is a wide variety of hiking routes to choose from, perfect for novices and seasoned hikers alike. Beautiful mountain vistas can be seen at daybreak and sunset, the two best times to go hiking.
- Zip Lining: The Jebel Jais Flight is the world’s longest zip line, which spans over 2.8 kilometers. Zip lining offers an adrenaline-packed experience, with breathtaking views of the mountains and the valley below.
- Via Ferrata: The Via Ferrata is a protected climbing route that provides climbers with the opportunity for an experience that is both demanding and rewarding. You will have the opportunity to scale the mountain while taking in the breathtaking scenery of the valley below you.
- Cycling: Discovering the mountains on two wheels is a fun way to take in the beautiful scenery and get some exercise at the same time. There are a lot of different cycling routes that are accessible, and they are all appropriate for beginning cyclists as well as more experienced riders.
- Camping: Camping is an excellent activity for people who want to escape it all and enjoy quiet time. You may camp out under the stars and breathe in the clean mountain air at one of the permitted camping areas while enjoying the wonderful scenery.
These are just some of the activities available at Jebel Jais. Whether you’re an adventure enthusiast or seeking a peaceful retreat, Jebel Jais has something to offer everyone.
Hiking trails and tips for hikers
Jebel Jais is a hiker’s delight with its rocky terrain and breathtaking views. From beginners to experienced hikers, hiking trails range from easy to tough. Each trail has its charm and challenges.
The 3.5 km Falcon Viewing Platform Path is ideal for beginners. It’s a well-marked walk that takes approximately an hour and offers some of the best mountain range vistas. It’s a challenging hike, but the views are amazing.
Hiking in Jebel Jais requires proper gear, drink, and food. Wear layers and carry rain gear because the weather can change. To handle uneven terrain, choose strong shoes with high grip.
Hiking at Jebel Jais requires safety. Stay on recognized paths and observe safety guidelines. If you’re a newbie hiker, hiking with a partner or group is a fantastic option.
Jebel Jais’ breathtaking scenery and challenging trails make trekking there unforgettable. For outdoor enthusiasts, it’s a must-see.
Scenic drives and viewpoints
Scenic drives are a great way to see Jebel Jais. The trip across the steep terrain and breathtaking landscapes is an adventure. Many perspectives give varied views of the mountain and its surroundings.
Jebel Jais Viewing Deck Park, which overlooks the Hajar Mountains and shoreline, is popular. It’s ideal for taking photos or enjoying the scenery.
The world’s longest zipline, Jebel Jais Flight, is another must-see.
The Jebel Jais Scenic Drive is ideal for leisurely drivers. This 20-kilometer road climbs the mountain with stunning vistas. The Hairpin Bend Viewpoint overlooks the mountains and is one of several scenic places.
Visiting Jebel Jais requires a picturesque drive from any viewpoint. It’s a great opportunity to enjoy the mountain’s natural splendor and make memorable memories.
Adventure activities, such as ziplining and rock climbing
Adventurers love Jebel Jais. Ziplining and rock climbing is ideal for the mountain’s harsh terrain. The mountain’s Jebel Jais Flight is the world’s longest zipline. The 2.83-kilometer zipline hits 150 km/h. For spectacular mountain views and an unforgettable experience, it’s ideal.
Try rock climbing on Jebel Jais for a more challenging activity. The mountain features cliffs and crags for climbers of all levels. Beginners can learn rock climbing from experienced instructors, while experienced climbers can tackle challenging routes. The summit’s vistas and sensation of accomplishment are unmatched.
The mountain provides trails for all fitness levels. Visitors love hiking to Jebel Jais, which offers stunning vistas.
Jebel Jais offers thrills and nature for everyone. Mountain adventure activities let you explore the rugged terrain and experience the mountain’s splendor.
Mountain biking opportunities
Mountain biking atop Jebel Jais is an exhilarating experience. Bicycle across breathtaking vistas, rugged terrain, and rocky paths over 20 kilometers of tracks for beginners and advanced cyclists.
Don’t worry if you’re new to sports! Tour operators offer guided excursions and safety-equipped bike rentals. Mountain bike lessons can help you improve.
Choose a Jebel Jais trail that matches your skill level. Loop 1, a 5-kilometer beginner’s trail, is the easiest.
Loop 2’s 10-kilometer descents, rocky trails, and hairpin twists challenge skilled riders. This challenging trek offers stunning views of the Hajar Mountains.
Mountain riding on Jebel Jais is an exciting journey through some of the UAE’s most stunning scenery, whether you’re a beginner or an expert. Water, sunscreen, and a camera to record the gorgeous views are essential!
Sunrise and sunset viewing spots
Sunrise and sunset are the greatest times to visit Jebel Jais, the highest peak in the UAE. Each Jebel Jais sunrise and sunset sight is distinct.
Jebel Jais Viewing Deck Park is a favorite dawn sight. The Hajar Mountains and sunrise are spectacular from this viewing platform at 1,600 meters above sea level. You can sip coffee or tea while taking in the alpine air.
Visit the Sky Bridge for sunset. The 1,250-meter-high Sky Bridge joins two Jebel Jais summits. Watching the sunset here is spectacular, with the mountains and sky changing colors.
Via Ferrata suspension bridge is another fantastic sunset sight. The sunset over the mountains from this 300-meter-high bridge is breathtaking. It’s a beautiful, one-of-a-kind experience.
Both sunrise and sunset give stunning views of Jebel Jais. Bring your camera and dress warmly as alpine temps can dip.
Best photography spots
Jebel Jais is a photographer’s paradise with beautiful views and scenery. You can overlook the Arabian Gulf and twisting roads and valleys from the mountaintop.
The Jebel Jais Viewing Deck Park is a great photography destination. This park’s panoramic perspective lets you take stunning sunrise and sunset photos.
Hiking trails to the summit are another fantastic site for shooting. These routes offer beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and valleys, with many opportunities to shoot unique viewpoints and angles.
Take a zipline trip to the mountain for an adventurous photography experience. You’ll experience an adrenaline rush and take gorgeous landscape aerial photos.
Last, take pictures of the mountain’s meandering roadways. Roads offer a unique view of the mountain and surrounding countryside, providing excellent photos.
Where to eat and drink at Jebel Jais
After a day of seeing Jebel Jais’ spectacular natural splendor, you’ll be hungry. There are good restaurants nearby.
At the mountain base, Puro Café and Terrace is a popular choice. Refuel on the patio and admire the mountains.
1484 by Puro offers fine dining. This chic restaurant at the top of Jebel Jais serves gourmet food and an extensive wine selection. For a romantic dinner or special occasion, this restaurant has stunning views.
The food trucks at the mountain’s base are more relaxed. Shawarma, falafel, and burgers are available here. It’s ideal for a snack before exploring.
Jebel Jais caters to all tastes. Relax and enjoy this alpine paradise’s excellent meals and wine.
Tips for a safe and enjoyable trip
Jebel Jais is lovely. For a safe and pleasurable journey, keep these tips in mind. First, wear sturdy, comfortable shoes for trekking and walking. The mountaintop can be cool, so dress accordingly.
Having plenty of water and snacks is also crucial since there are few food and drink options along the trip. Before camping or staying overnight, bring the right gear and check the weather.
Distracted driving and following traffic laws are crucial.
Finally, respect nature and the environment by not littering and leaving no trace. Jebel Jais is a beautiful natural wonder, so let’s do our part in preserving it for future generations to enjoy.
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority
W4VR+FX7 – Wadi Shehah – Ras al Khaimah
|Sunday||Open 24 hours|
|Monday||Open 24 hours|
|Tuesday||Open 24 hours|
|Wednesday||Open 24 hours|
|Thursday||Open 24 hours|
|Friday||Open 24 hours|
|Saturday||Open 24 hours|
There is no entry fee for visiting the mountain. However, you must pay for all the activities available at this adventure zone.
Jais Sky Tour
|Jais Sky Tour||October to March||Wednesday to Thursday||AED 280|
|Friday to Sunday||AED 350|
|April, May, September||Wednesday to Thursday||AED 260|
|Friday to Sunday||AED 315|
|June, July, August||Wednesday to Thursday||AED 230|
|Friday to Sunday||AED 280|
ZIPLINE DISTANCES & HOURS
Timings: Winter season timings (Sep 16, 2022, to Mar 31, 2023) 9.30 to 15.00.
|Zipline One||1,068 meters|
|Zipline Two||828 meters|
|Zipline Three||623 metres|
|Zipline Four||337 meters|
|Zipline Five||351 meters|
|Zipline Six||831 meters|
|Jais Flight||October to March||Wednesday to Thursday||AED 360|
|Friday to Sunday||AED 450|
|April, May, September||Wednesday to Thursday||AED 330|
|Friday to Sunday||AED 410|
|June, July, August||Wednesday to Thursday||AED 300|
|Friday to Sunday||AED 360|
Timings: Winter season timings (Sep 16 to Mar 31, 2023) 09.30 to 16.00.
|Activity||Days||Timings||Price (Adult)||Price (Adult+Child)|
|Jais Sledder||Tuesday||09:00 AM – 6:00 PM||Single Ride||AED 45||AED 60|
|Wednesday||09:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||09:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Friday||09:00 AM – 6:00 PM||Three Rides||AED 100||AED 125|
|Saturday||09:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
|Sunday||09:00 AM – 6:00 PM|
Bear Grylls Explorers Camp
The Bear Grylls Explorer Camp is in the heart of the United Arab Emirate’s Jebel Jais Mountains. Bear Grylls and his team will unleash your forgotten wild spirit as you uncover your hidden compass and natural survival skills. https://www.beargryllscamp.ae/camp-cabins/
Jais Ropes Course
|Jais Ropes Course||October to March||Monday to Thursday||AED 70|
|Friday to Sunday||AED 80|
|April, May, September||Monday to Thursday||AED 60|
|Friday to Sunday||AED 70|
|June, July, August||Monday to Thursday||AED 50|
|Friday to Sunday||AED 60|
Timings: Wednesday to Sunday and all public holidays from 09.30 to 17.30
Jais Viewing Deck Park
|Activity||Monday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Jais Viewing Deck Park||Tuesday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM – 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Sunday||8:00 AM – 9:00 PM|
Things to know
- The drive from Dubai to the Jebel Jais Mountain in RAK takes approximately two hours. So, make sure to fuel up and carry snacks for the road.
- The mountain attracts many visitors during holidays such as Eid and UAE National Day. If you want to skip the crowd, try visiting the mountain during off-peak hours.
- The Jebel Jais weather is 10 degrees colder than normal ground temperature. It gets significantly cold while driving up to the mountain, especially in the evenings during winter. So make sure to carry something to keep yourself warm.
- Closed shoes/sports shoes are ideal for visiting Jais Mountain in RAK. They are also prerequisites if you are trekking or on the zip line.
- Facilities such as parking spots, restaurants, and washrooms are at the viewing deck, zip line, and Via Ferrata.
- If you plan to barbecue or go camping at Jebel Jais, carry all the necessary equipment like coal and lighter fluid as you won’t find supermarkets there.
- There is no entry fee for visiting the mountain. However, you must pay for all the activities available at this adventure zone.
Things to Do
- Jais Sky Tour
- Jais Flight
- Jais Sledder
- Bear Grylls Explorers Camp
- Jais Ropes Course
- Jais Hiking
- Jais Viewing Deck Park
- Take Sheikh Rashid Bin Saqr Al Qasimi St/S115 to E11 2 min (1.3 km)
- Follow Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd/E311 to Al Falah Rd in Ras al Khaimah. Take exit 126 from Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd/E311 38 min (63.5 km)
- Get on Al Beeh Rd in Ras Al-Khaimah 14 min (22.9 km)
- Drive to Jais St
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Jais St, and you will reach Jebel Jais.
From Abu Dhabi
- Continue to Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan St/E10 5 min (2.6 km)
- Follow Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan St/E10 and E11 to Expo Rd/E77 in Dubai. Take exit 20 from E11 58 min (105 km)
- Get on Emirates Rd/E611 10 min (15.2 km)
- Merge onto Emirates Rd/E611 58 min (97.6 km) Drive to Jais St
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Jais St, and you will reach Jebel Jais.
- Get on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd/E311 from Al Khail Rd/D68 and Rebat St/D83 15 min (18.1 km)
- Follow Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd/E311 to Al Falah Rd in Ras al Khaimah. Take exit 126 from Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd/E311 43 min (73.3 km)
- Get on Al Beeh Rd in Ras Al-Khaimah 14 min (22.9 km) Drive to Jais St
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Jais St, and you will reach Jebel Jais.
Not Accessible by Dubai Metro
- Several bus services are available for visitors from Dubai. Bus 17, C-19 and C-26 are the main buses that run to Ras al Khaimah bus station from Dubai. These buses cost around 20 to 25 AED and could take up to 2 hours.
- RTA Bus service will run from the Downtown Bus Station of Abu Dhabi to Al Dhait Bus Station in Ras Al Khaimah.
Jebel Jais has a Free Parking Lot so if you drive up to the peak, you can park your car conveniently
- Samar Trail
- Dhayah Fort
- Jabal Bil Ays
- National Museum of Ras Al Khaimah
- Al Jazira Al Hamra
No available Wi-Fi.
Is Barbeque allowed in Jebel Jais?
Yes, it is allowed
Is bonfire allowed in Jebel Jais?
Yes, it is allowed in designated areas. Please ensure that the flames are contained. No littering as the fines are high.
Is it allowed to camp in Jebel Jais?
Yes, there are literally unlimited areas with the best views to camp.
Conclusion and why you should visit Jebel Jais.
Jebel Jais is stunning. Nature lovers, outdoor enthusiasts, and adventurers should visit. Jebel Jais’ sunrises and sunsets are memorable.
This amazing mountain has something for everyone, from adrenaline junkies to nature lovers. Hiking, camping, ziplining, and paragliding will keep you active.
The wide mountain range and breathtaking views will invigorate you.
Jebel Jais is the best place to escape the city or enjoy nature. Discover the UAE’s hidden jewel and make lasting memories.
This UAE mountain provides several activities and spectacular views from sunrise to sunset. There is something for everyone, from adrenaline junkies to nature lovers. Our guide should motivate you to visit Jebel Jais soon.